A few weeks ago I bought barrettes so I’d have the supplies ready for the moment when I would take the next plunge in hair styles. I’ve prepared myself by checking out every little girl I see with multiple puffs, braids, and especially barrettes. I don’t know why this was such a milestone for me especially since the hair itself is separated into sections just like I’ve been doing for many months.
Last night was the night!
I think it looks right. What do you think? One thing I’ve learned from much careful observation is that there are lots of possibilities!
Here’s the How To:
- Section the hair as normal and secure with an elastic band at the scalp
- On top of the elastic band secure a decorative band with plastic balls or the like
- Comb through the length of the hair in each section (I do this when her hair is wet. You could also do it with a moisturizing product.*)
- Then twist each section by splitting the hair into two sections and putting one over the other repeatedly (you could choose to braid too)
- Secure the end with another elastic band (optional depending on hair type. I did not do this)
- Add a decorative hair barrette. I only used the barrette and it has stayed in fairly well.)
Note: I never, ever comb through her hair without it either being wet with water or a moisturizing/styling product.